This weekend it is time to start my seedlings. Never having successfully started anything from seed before I am anxious to give it a try. I’ve never had a green thumb so I’m hoping with all the reading, research and tips from friends I will have some luck! A friend recently recommended that I soak my seeds overnight before planting them, I would never have known to do that since it didn’t come up in any of the reading I’ve done, but I will definately give it a try.
I’ve decided that my vertical garden will grow salad fixings and herbs with maybe a flower or two blended in there. I may also pop a couple of strawberry plants in to see what happens.
I think I may cut out one of the raised beds I’ve planned, just because with the 2×4 gardening it would be too much produce for one family and I’m not sure how much time and energy I’ll have to put into it. I’ll start with the one extra raised bed and can always expand from there for next year.
If you have any hints or pointers for me please share – I can use all the help I can get!
Epic Road TripRoute 66July 27th, 2013Let's Ride!
- What Wouldn’t I Do January 10, 2014
- Facing The Truth January 10, 2014
- Daily Prompt: Landscape May 9, 2013
- Sunday Worship HOG Style May 6, 2013
- All Over April 30, 2013
- On Going Too Far Or Not Far Enough April 25, 2013
- Daily Prompt: Second Time Around April 25, 2013
- How Far Is Too Far? April 24, 2013
- So The Psychiatrist Said….. April 24, 2013
- What’s Your Story? April 19, 2013